TCWRC Moving Company
Moving Tips !
The following is a partial list of moving tips, based on some of the most important things to consider. Refer to our packing tips and moving checklist for more detailed moving tips and helpful moving advice.
- Take the next day off. Even if you are moving just a few blocks away, chances are you will be overwhelmed by boxes. You’ll need time (and energy) to clean up and organize and it is harder to do so after a full day at the office.
- Send kids and pets away while you are packing. They can be distracting and get in the way of harm if there are heavy items being moved around. Pets are also more likely to run away in the frenzy of packing (when doors are likely to be left open and people are coming in and out all the time).
- Take time to organize and discard unwanted items at least a week before moving day. Donate, recycle or throw away anything you no longer want or need. Not only will you be making the moving easier (less things to pack and unpack, less weight), but you will also start life in your new apartment with a clean slate.
- Spend a little extra on insurance. Most moving companies offer you this as an extra. Insurance covers breakages, lost boxes, and damages on rented vans. It may also cover a night at a local hotel if your boxes are too late and you do not have a place to sleep. Just read the fine print and make sure the price is reasonable.
- Each moving company operates a different way. Some will take over the packing and wrapping, while others will simply show up and move the boxes. Make sure you know what you are getting before you sign the contract.